Beauty, Life & Style

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set Vol. 2 | Review



As I'm sure many of you know, these brushes came out a while ago. I was actually one of the first people on the boat - as soon as they were listed online I ordered them like a excited child on Christmas day. Anyway, I've had them long enough to tell you my honest opinion and what I use each brush for. 

Face/Base Brushes:

104 Buffer | This is the biggest brush in the collection and it's completely flat and very dense. I use this to buff my foundation into my skin after I've dotted it on my face. It provides me with an even coverage and because the foundation is pressed into the skin (more than it would be if i was using my fingers or a flat foundation brush) it has more staying power!

109 Luxe Face Paint | I use this brush for my bronzer/contour (mainly contour) as the shape is perfectly designed for carving out dem cheek bones. It's similar to the ever so famous Nars Ilta kabuki brush (which is £43 so guys, just go for one of these, they're basically the same).

126 Luxe Cheek Finish | They named this brush incredibly well as this is the only brush I now use for my blusher! When there's no other product on the brush I sometimes use this with a powder highlighter. I actually also use this for bronzer and less accurate contouring if I'm feeling a bit lazy.

Eye Brushes:

228 Luxe Crease | Love love LOVE this brush. It's a very lovely soft fluffy blending brush, which in my opinion is something every girl who uses eyeshadow should own. You can use this for you base shadow, blending shades into the crease (obviously) and just blending anything in general.

234 Luxe Smoky Shader | This brush is really compact and thin, so it holds product really well. I'll sometimes use this for patting shimmery shades onto the lid because it keeps the colour on there. However I mainly use this for applying Mac's Paint Pot in Painterly all over the lid as my eye primer and base shadow. I'll also use it with concealer or that same Paint Pot and use it to clean up my brows.

226 Smudger | This is perfect for eyeshadow application under the eye as the brush is so dense and compact. I'll then go in with the Luxe Crease to smudge anything out and make it all smoky.

322 Brow Line | This brush can be used with cream or powder brow products. I prefer to use cream (specifically the ABH Dip Brow) as it just works really well together - for me anyway!

317 Wing Liner | I'm going to be honest with you, I've had a little bit of a love hate relationship with this brush. I've found that it's really good for the the actual wing, but when you get to extending it onto your lid the brush kinda makes the liner go a bit crazy and bumpy.

I really love this brush set and without fault use them every single day (as long as I'm actually wearing makeup and not just watching Netflix). You can't fault the quality or design, especially for the price. It essentially means you're paying like £7 per brush. Each brush has the same logo/pattern which is on the pot. How cute is the damn pot as well?! And don't get me started on the bag too, I literally feel like a princess when I use these, and my makeup looks so much better when I apply it with these brushes!

The only thing I have noticed is that where i've been putting the brushes in the pot, the paint work is wearing a little and I think this might be because the handles are light pink which makes them more prone to getting dirty. I would have to say that if you're after a brush set with more face brushes I would go for the normal Rose Gold set, but if you want something that has a variation of the two I'd go for this one!

I also put up my first ever Youtube video using only these brushes, just to show you that you only need this one set to do your makeup, it's everything you want in a brush set and more!



Thanks for reading!
xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. This is the exact Zoeva brush set I want! Every time I go to buy this it's sold out :( Will have to keep stalking it until I can buy it haha x

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig