Beauty, Life & Style

Sunday 15 October 2017

New in: Charlotte Tilbury Liquid Lipstick in Rising Star | Buy or Bye



So it should be known that I'm a massive Charlotte Tilbury lipstick fan. I love and have some (I mean quite a lot) of her other products but in particular I adore her lipsticks and they seem to be the only lip products I wear these days. Obviously, when she came out with these liquid lipsticks I'm like hellO new lip products, and goodbye money.


Like with all Charlotte Tilbury products, the packaging is to die for. These little liquid lipsticks still harbour the iconic rose gold encasing like the original lipsticks but they have red detailing on the front and the back. The wand as well is also different from normal liquid lipstick applicators. It's curved so that it fits the contours of your lips and has a little flat point at the top for application ease. Overall, the packaging gets a 10/10 from me because once again, Charlotte has completely nailed it with her beautiful packaging.

So after debating which shade I should go for I decided to take the plunge and order Rising Star as it promised to be a warm pink matte and as I love Liv It Up so much and didn't think they'd be dissimilar.. they couldn't be more further apart. This shade is a lot rosier/muted than I had hoped for. But anyway, the shade aside, let's talk about the formula. 


The formula is very similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams - it's not drying at all and very comfortable on the lips, honestly doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all! Because it's not very drying, it does come off in the middle of your lips but I will say that it comes off really nicely. You're probably thinking what?! It comes off nicely? Well you heard right sista. You know those liquid lipsticks which, when they wear off are really noticeable and leave basically a solid line across your lips? Well this doesn't do that. I don't know if it's the shade, because it's quite similar to my natural lip colour, but it fades off quite nicely which I do really like.

So speaking of the shade, it's very similar to Dolce by Anastasia Beverly Hills, I'd say a little bit lighter than that actually but, still quite similar. I think that's the thing with matte liquid lipsticks, you just don't get that juiciness that lipsticks can give you as the colour is slightly dulled down. For me this shade was quite a muted rosey pink/coral... It does not suit me at all.


I prefer this shade - Rising Star - patted into the lips rather than a full layer applied to the entirety - just because I think it looks nicer and isn't as drying. I do love putting a lipstick over the top of liquid lipsticks anyway - to prolong the wear time - and Rising Star mixed with the CT Kim KW Lipstick creates a beautiful shade of pink which I'm loving at the moment.

The only negative I have with this shade in particular is that it's not the same shade as advertised on the website so I'm a little bit disappointed on that front. It's still a nice colour and would suit other people I just wish I had a chance to swatch them before buying - oops. So if any of you try any of the other shades please let me know but I'm thinking that I probably should have gone for Dolly Bird which looks like a gorgeous ballet pink shade. To me, this product is a bye because the shade does not suit me and I spent £24 on it, but the formula is a buy. If only I had found a shade that I liked/suited me! 

Til next time xxx 

Share:

4 comments

  1. That's exactly the problem I had! The shade turned out so much different than anticipated, which is a bummer because her swatches have never let me down :( that's why I don't get as much wear out of this as I hoped! x

    Francisca May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah it's such a shame that it's not the colour you thought, it's always the worst when that happens. It does sound like a nice formula though xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  3. This formula seems very similar to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams from what I've seen! So bad that the color wasn't what you expected, that happened to me with MAC Honeylove - I bought it this year (it's my first MAC lippie) and it's a bit light for me. xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame that it's not the same shade but it still looks really pretty x

    https://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig