Beauty, Life & Style

Friday 25 August 2017

US Beauty Haulin'


If you've seen any of my other blog posts, you will have seen that I've just been to America which obviously meant that a makeup spend up would be involved. I'm telling you now, you will mentally tell yourself to be good but you get into that makeup store and an overwhelming sense of excitement will flow through your body which essentially counteracts any rational thinking. I travelled to Las Vegas, LA/Newport Beach and San Francisco. Each different place involved three different splurges, so collectively here's what I picked up.

So my first stop was in Las Vegas where I met the lovely Faye and hit up Sephora - her blog and Instagram are actual goals, all of her photos are seriously stunning and dreamy so if there's one thing you do today, please follow her!


I think we both beelined to find the Sol Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and ended up finding a travel sized 75ml version, which is perfect to take on any flight because it fits the liquid limit. Anyway, having tried it through my stay, I decided to pick up the full sized tub on my last day in San Francisco because it worked out cheaper to buy it in the states than in the UK. I can't comment on whether it's made my bum any perkier, but it smells phenomenal and makes my skin feel so soft and in my eyes that's a winner.


I don't think either of us had a list so I genuinely think we swatched everything in the Caesar's Palace Sephora - which is blimmin' massive btw - but it was 100% worth it. We stumbled across the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Kitten Karma a.k.a. the shade of my dreams. I can't even explain to you how beautiful this is. It's a beautiful shimmery champagne shade and I'm genuinely in love with it but I'm also lusting after Ballet Baby which is a sheer baby pink with a silver sparkle. 

What haul would be complete without a new highlighter? I've seen liquid highlighters over Instagram, and in particular the CoverFx ones, but having swatched nearly every highlighter this one stood out.. literally, it was blinding. This is the CoverFx Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight which surprise is another beautiful champagne shade. I'm actually obsessed with this product, unlike cream highlighters this is has just hit new heights of achieving perfect dewy glowy skin without looking like a cake.

As I might have mentioned before, I live for the glow. So I also bought another cream highlighter stick from Milk Makeup in Lit which, you guessed it, is another champagne highlight shade. I think, my mentally for rationalising this purchase was that you can't get hold of this in the UK? But it is a seriously stunning shade and I live for cream highlighters at the moment so, adding it to my collection.


There was also a little bit of skincare involved in this haul, and who can resist a rose gold/copper face mask?! This is the Origins GinZing Peel Off Mask and not going to lie, I've wanted this mask for ages so when I saw it in Sephora I'm like yaaaas girl treat yo self. Since using it a few times, it's very zingy and makes my eyes water a little bit before it dries but forget the tin man, you're gonna look like the rose gold queen, it leaves your skin feeling real soft once you've peeled off all your impurities and dead skin. Speaking of skincare, I also picked some of the own brand Sephora sheet face masks because i've used them before and they're so so nice.

Newport involved a cheeky spend up in Ulta. Little did I know that the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer was exclusive to Ulta so obviously I had to get it. What really got me was how big it is, the wand is massive compared to your average concealer wand. I've used this a handful of times since using it and I completely understand the hype


For the longest time I have wanted one of the Lorac unzipped palettes and when I finally saw and swatched them I immediately decided on the Original Unzipped Palette because the shades just look so gorgeous. My eyes are green so I'm all about those purply hues to make those eyeballs pop. Upon first impressions the shades are extremely buttery, soft and unlike any other eyeshadow formula I've tried so I'm so excited to cover my face with these (well okay, I mean my eyes).

I also picked up the most beautiful Essie Nail Polish in 'A Cut Above' which is essentially pink glitter (so majestic), the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer - a dupe for the YSL concealer - and two of the NYX lip liners in Natural (the most difficult shade to find in the UK) - a dupe for Mac's Whirl lip liner.

Of course I had to pop into Bath & Body Works where I fell in love with the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles 3 wick Candle, which smells heavenly. I can just see this being the perfect Autumnal candle and I'm excited to start burning it (stay tuned for those Autumnal posts).


I can't even believe how long this post is so thank you for reading all the way til the end! I loved shopping with Faye and it was so nice to finally meet her! - make sure you check out her blog and Insta (@fridayfaye), you won't regret it!

Til next time xxx



Shop the post 
         

Share:

4 comments

  1. I literally want everything from your haul! I'm dying to try the Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow's!

    Gem x / http://www.itsgemmab.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so fed up of being the only one that hasn't tried tarte shape tape and the stila glitter shadows, I've heard nothing but good reviews but the concealer is always out of stock in my shade in the ONE place in the UK that stocks tarte :-(


    Courtney | Lashes and Luxe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you picked up! The Essie nail polish is so pretty and I always pick up Sephora masks when I'm near one - they're so good and I love trying out all of the different ones x

    https://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig