Beauty, Life & Style

Thursday 18 May 2017

Taking the edge off exam stress


My life lately has been a massive bundle of stress as I'm right in the middle of my University exams where they have placed my 6 exams over a period of 2 weeks i.e. they're so close together so as you can imagine that i'm in stress city for me right now - le cry. On a positive note I feel like they've gone quite well so far but I've come to the conclusion that I'm definitely a coursework gal. So anyway, here are my current fav products for relaxing/trying to destress within your exam period. 

- Makeup -


You're probably thinking, makeup? Why does makeup make you feel relaxed? Well let me tell you, when I go into my exams feeling like a goddess it just helps okay. If I feel more confident in myself then my writing will be better, so you see, perfect logic. In particular I've been loving this Nars blush in Super Orgasm, the Multiple Stick in Copacabana for a beautiful dewy glow and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid lipstick in Pure Hollywood - obviously have to wear this cause it'll stay on for the whole exam duh. The other thing is nail varnish. I was recently gifted these beautiful nail polishes by Sally Hansen* and they're so so beautiful. They sent me a gel topcoat which honestly it's been such a life saver. I always find that I chip my nails so easily and with this I haven't like I'm so happy to find something that combats this. Again it's a confidence thing because in the exam you can see yourself writing but it makes me feel better that my nails look pretty? Is that weird? (Don't answer that).


- Skincare -


Skincare comes in the one form that I love and I'm forever repurchasing. Frank Body do some of the most amazing products which suit my skin type perfectly. They've recently come out with this beautiful scrub (I love the original one but as I keep it in the shower the packaging doesn't look so picture worthy so please take my word for it) but this one has all the unicorn vibes. It's a sugar shimmer scrub which I am obsessed with. It leaves your skin with a beautiful shimmer and I feel like a beautiful mermaid/unicorn. 

I also swear by their everyday face moisturiser and it sits under my makeup perfectly - I apply this every morning and evening. But you know when you're stressed and you want to scrub away your stress. Literally these products are just so refreshing and I always feel so much better afterwards and better yet they always help any breakouts which I'm particularly prone to when under pressure.


- Haircare - 


Another thing that goes in line with skincare is haircare. I'm currently in love with this hair mask from Hairmüd*. You apply it all over your hair - from root to tip - and leave it for 10 mins to sink in. It makes my hair feel so soft afterwards and it smells so good - you can smell the shea in it. It's one of those conditioners where you can physically feel the softness of your hair while it's still wet after you've washed it out in the shower.  I always feel better when my hair has had some TLC because when I'm revising I put it up in a bun and tend to be a bit lazy and not brush it (I know I know, I am a bad person - #HagridVibes). 

- Stationary - 


I am literally obsessed with the marble/rose gold stationary range from Sainsbury's at the moment. I picked up this cute little marble weekly planner which has been so helpful and some little notebooks to jot stuff down. I've always found that if you plan out what you're doing each day it's so helpful and takes the stress off when you can see it written down. 

So if you're in the same position as me right now and you're feeling the stress, just remember to take some time to yourself. Now i'm not saying spend 2 hours pampering yourself and to run a bath and go for a massage because let's be honest you'll probably be more stressed from not using that time to revise. But also for the love of all things good, take regular breaks so you don't go insane, make sure you eat and drink before your exams, and get some z's in.

Til next time x 

*contains gifted products but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig