Beauty, Life & Style

Friday 1 September 2017

The Ultimate Setting Powder


I can buy the most expensive, most raved about base products, but without setting them, my face will become a melted mess - oh the perks of having oily skin! This post is all about my ultimate setting powder because trust me, I've tried a lot and this one is without question my favourite, and for quite a few reasons. 


So here it is, the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent. It. Is. Amazing. I'm now on my second pot of this and I wouldn't go back. I came to realise just how good it was when I stayed over at my friends house and forgot to bring it with me. Naturally, I used hers which was a highstreet brand. Now there's nothing wrong with using highstreet products, in fact I use them everyday, but with every brand there will always be products that are better than others. After using this certain powder, my face looked cakey and it did not set anything at all. Later on that day my base makeup looked awful, like actually a disgusting cakey melted mess and it was all because I didn't use my beloved LM powder. I think when products become so integrated into your routine you forget just how good they are. 


I think the reason I love this powder is because not only does it set your makeup so nicely but the formula is so buttery and non cakey. Honestly, it is like buttery soft goodness and applies like a dream. I mean, I've come to realise that no makeup setting powder will keep my makeup on all day because of the oils but this one keeps everything on longer than others and doesn't look super caketastic. 


I think the other thing I adore about this powder is the colour, it's a light banana shade so you don't look super ghostly after setting your makeup. Sometimes the white setting powders are just too much and make me look too bright and unnatural but this shade is perfect. Now this will set you back £29 but I 100% would not go back to some of the other powders I have used in the past. P.s. this Real Techniques Setting Brush is perfect for application, the bristles are dense enough to pick up the right amount of product and the shape is perfect for reaching underneath your eyes and hard to reach places (it's also a little dirty in these pictures but yolo).

I'm still dying to try the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder (which is even more expensive - £33) because I've seen so many rave reviews, so maybe a comparison post would be in order. Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and if you have any recommendations of powders for oily skin then please shoot them my way!

Til next time xxx 
Share:

2 comments

  1. I've never tried a loose power, this looks lovely though!

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried a loose powder before. I would like to try one and hear so many people talk about this one and was wondering if it was worth getting. I definitely need to go and look at this in store, it sounds really good.

    http://shimmeringhighlights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig