Beauty, Life & Style

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Becca Cosmetics x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette | Do you need this in your life?


I don't know if it's just me, but I'm an absolutely sucker for packaging. If it looks beautiful I'm probably most definitely sold, regardless of what the actual product is like. I think with Becca, I adore their products so much and they're basically faultless so I knew I'd love the product anyway, so here are my thoughts! (Oh and I'll be completely honest, I had no idea who Chrissy Teigen was before this palette came along oops). 

This beautiful palette has two highlighters, a bronzer/contour and a blush - I've hit pan on both my Becca highlighters in Champagne Pop and Pearl so obviously I'm a bit of a highlighter lover. The two highlighter shades are in Peach Nectar (the lighter of the two with the pretty embossing) and the darker one in Rose Gold.

(Direct sunlight so you can see the shimmery majesticness) 

(Swatches in direct sunlight, top - bottom: Peach Nectar, Hibiscus Bloom, Rose Gold, Malibu Soleil) 

The Rose Gold shade is too dark for my skin as a highlighter but it's quite nice on my eye lids and as a little blush topper, but for darker skin tones it would look stunning for enhancing those cheek bones. Peach Nectar is such a beautiful champagne peachy apricot shade but the embossing is so pretty it makes me not want to use/ruin it. It is however, exclusive to the palette so I'm hoping I don't love it too much cause otherwise I might cry/petition for it to be made available for normal purchasing. I'll just say this now, Becca highlighters are up there with my fav for the formula/way they look on the skin. They're so blendable and give the perfect amount of glow which is also buildable - perfect for those who like to be seen from the heavens by the highlighting gods.

This palette also features a blush and contour shade. The blush shade - in Hibiscus Bloom - is a limited edition, luminous golden coral pink. This blush is absolutely stunning. It's very bright so a little goes a long way but I absolutely love it and it looks beautiful on the skin. The bronzer shade - in Malibu Soleil - for me is more of a contour shade so I still use it as a bronzer and it's really lovely but I feel like it's not dissimilar to the CTilbs Filmstar Bronze and Glow. In the pictures you can't really see it that well but it does have a little bit of shimmer so it's not completely matte, so it is really lovely for warming up the skin as I love a luminous bronzer.


So do you need this in your life? Absolutely! This is the perfect palette for a summery glow. These shades are utter perfection and if you're a blogger who is addicted to the gram (even though it's hella annoying right now) then this looks stunning in photos too. The outside packaging is gorgeous - with a plasticy pick outer - and houses a giant mirror so it's perfect for doing other makeup bits/travelling.

It retails for £45 (which you can still get at Space NK and Cult Beauty) and in my opinion is worth every penny. So what are you waiting for?!

Til next time xx 
Share:

1 comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig