Beauty, Life & Style

Saturday 16 September 2017

NYX Professional Makeup at Debenhams


As well as loving luxury beauty products I'm also a fan of drugstore products and NYX Professional Makeup always delivers. To celebrate the launch of NYX Professional Makeup in Debenhams they very kindly sent me some of their best selling products which includes a palette exclusive to Debenhams - the Contour Initiative Palette. So, I'm going to give you a little run down of the products they sent me.

So first, let's start with the lip products. The Soft Matte Lip Creams are already a winner in my eyes and this shade in Budapest is the perfect transition/Autumnal shade. The formula of these are incredible, they're more like a mousse so they're not drying at all (and they smell like vanilla goodness) but it does mean that they have limited staying power. Having said that, they're so comfortable to wear and for only £6 you can't really go wrong! My other favourite shades are Sydney and Cairo.

Speaking of Autumnal shades, the Lip Lingerie in 'Exotic', a muted orange toned nudey red, is Autumn in a tube. This is definitely more drying than the soft matte lip formula but it does mean it lasts for way longer. Now for a shade I wouldn't normally go for, the Liquid Suede in 'Downtown' Beauty, is a deep chocolatey brown which I'm excited to try and pull off now that we've hit Autumn/Winter (but I don't know if I'll be able to). 


Oh and this little gem, the Butter Gloss in 'Strawberry Parfait', is my fav of the bunch. If you know me, you know how much I love a pink shade. The butter glosses are divine and I already have my eye on some of the other nudey shades as well (because you can never have too many right?). This shade gives a lovely little sweep of colour which isn't too overpowering and it's seriously stunning. My other fav is in the shade 'Fortune Cookie', which is beautiful nude (surprise surprise). 

Now onto palettes *drools*. Firstly, let's start with the Contour Initiative palette in 'Jewel Queen' which is exclusive to Debenhams and holds two highlighters, a blush and six eyeshadows. I feel like this palette has some shades that I wouldn't necessarily use on an every day basis because they are hella bright and I'm more of a neutral person, but there are still some really lovely shades in here (like that champagney gold shade *swoons*). I also feel like the blush is more of a bronzer on my skin tone but it actually makes a really lovely eyeshadow. The palette also comes in another shade, 'Warm Zone', which looks perfect for A/W. 


Oh how I love a neutral eyeshadow palette. This is the Ultimate Cool Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette which contains 16 eyeshadows and oh my, look how beautiful they are *inserts all the heart eye emojis*. There's a mixture of shimmers and matte shades and I know this is going to be one of those palettes I'm going to reach for every day. I mean, look at those dusty pinks and champagnes. I have to say, the Ultimate Warm Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette looks like the perfect everyday Autumnal palette so I'll definitely be adding it to my basket at some point soon!

Onto the dreamiest highlighting palette, this is the Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette which contains seven highlighting shades. From a lavender to a golden bronze, this palette has it all. My favs are the more neutral champagney shades because they suit my skin tone but oh this is such a beautiful palette. As well as using this on the face, I also like to use this on my eyes. Yes, that beautiful bronze highlight shade looks  b e a u t  on the lid - ah so majestic! 


If you read my blog you know that I have oily skin so the Shine Killer and Pore Filler are literally made for me. These are both amazing for prolonging the longevity of my makeup and reduce the appearance of (you guessed it) pores and shininess. I think I'd probably compare the texture of them to the Ordinary Silicone Primer which I love, but the Pore Filler makes my skin look amazing and evens out the texture of my skin/fills in my XXL pores, such a winner!


So there you have it, I hope you've enjoyed reading about these picks from NYX Professional Makeup which is now available from Debenhams!

Til next time xxx

*This post is in collaboration with Debenhams but all opinions are 100% my own* 
Share:

3 comments

  1. Such a great collection! I would love to try the contour palette and of course to add one more palette in my collection or maybe two as both warm and cool neutrals eyeshadow palettes look fantastic and perfect for Autumn.
    Helene // Beautiful Is My Attire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, they are amazing! Need to get that shade xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have covered many things in this post, thanks for sharing.
    Famous freelance bridal artist in Ludhiana

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig