Beauty, Life & Style

Monday 29 August 2016

Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter


Ever since the Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics collaboration launched everyone has been obsessed with Champagne Pop and for a good reason - it's actually stunning!

Having looked at the product I thought it looked really really gold. As my skin is quite fair I didn't think it would suit me. I happened to be strolling through Space NK the other day (a.k.a. one of the only places you can purchase Becca products in store in the UK) and I knew that this store didn't have a Becca counter. Upon buying a new setting powder (Laura Mercier setting powder for the win by the way guys) they had Becca products at the front *dies of excitement*.


It looks so gold in the pan and online but when you swatch it on your skin it's a lot peachier than you might think. So obviously I had to buy it. I'm such an impulse buyer, I swear I shouldn't be allowed in stores. I'm not even joking this is hands down, probably the nicest highlighter ever. I love the Becca highlighters anyway, they're so pigmented and don't have a lot of heavy glitter particles within the formula. I already have Pearl (review here) for my paler days but Champagne Pop is just something else.

The only thing about highlighters is you can go a bit over the top (nah just kidding that's not a thing). My only beef with this is if you have any spots in your highlighting sections they are exaggerated with this product, but this is quite common with all highlighters. The shade is a beautiful peachy light gold shade and can be worn for so many different skin tones. I am obsessed to say the least. It just gives such a beautiful summery glow. Obviously I did want the new palette that just came out but as long as I have Champagne Pop by my side I'ma be just fine. 

Yano guys, when I was bringing this home I dropped my Space NK bag, almost cried/had a breakdown, but the highlighting gods have my back and it was absolutely fine - phew! It's safe to say I will not be bringing this with me anywhere so I don't break it as this would literally be heartbreaking. This retails for £32 and these highlighters, no matter the shade, are completely worth it. I've heard amazing things about the Becca blushers as well so I'll be keeping an eye out for those! 


Til next time
Amelia x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig