Beauty, Life & Style

Sunday 8 January 2017

Beauty Favourites of 2016



2016 has introduced me to a lot of new products, but there have been a few that I have constantly used throughout the year and now I honestly don't know what I'd do without them. Picking them out was actually quite challenging. You know when products just become so integrated into your routine that you kind of don't notice? Well that's all of these. 



Urban Decay | Naked Palette
I just feel like throughout 2016 when in doubt I've been reaching for this palette a whole lot. It just has the most beautiful array of matte browns, shimmery browns and champagne shades. With that said I mainly use the first part of the palette and occasionally dip into those dark blues to deepen things up. I'm well aware that this has been around for ages but it's one of the best!

By Terry Ombre Blackstar | Frozen Quartz
This little eyeshadow stick has just saved my life when you're travelling and can't bring a lot with you, or if you're in a rush but still want to add a little bit of glam to your eyes, perfect. There's a review already up on the blog 'here', so if you want to read a bit more it's all up there.


Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipsticks | Kim KW & Liv It Up
This is a no brainer either. These beautiful lipsticks have taken over my lipstick choices. The formula is lovely and creamy (almost like Mac cremesheen) so they don't dry out your lips. There's also a review for these 'here' and I just love the two colours and consistency and packaging.. everything basically (guilty as charged, I used the pictures I took of these beauts from my review because they're just too pretty).


Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick | Milkshake
You can see a trend right? I flippin' love pinky lipsticks. Sometimes I prefer something with better staying power so I'll put this underneath a creamier lipstick (I love mixing combinations as you can probably tell). I don't use this just on it's own because it's very opaque, but because it's so light it's perfect for lightening darker shades. I normally just pat this into the lips and it's just such a beautiful colour. 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush | Dim Infusion 
This blush is so beautiful. It's the perfect combination of peach and pink with a beautiful buttery texture that stays radiant mmm. I can tell I'm gonna hit pan on this soon which is so depressing. If you're ever wondering if they're worth the splurge, they are!!


Mac Lip Liners | Stone & Whirl
I'm sure most people have heard of Whirl by now, it's basically a cult favourite. The lipstick is actually too dark for me but the lip liner is beaut. It's a dark pinky brown which matches so many lip combinations. Stone will always have a special place in my heart. It's basically a cool toned brown and it's perfect for darkening the corners of your lips and i've been through one of these already. I've always found that Mac lip liners are the best, they have a beautiful consistency and they last really well throughout the day. 


I'm not even going to jest, I'm on my third bottle of this and it's almost running out. I should probably post a full review at some point on why I love it so much.. My skin is oily so it's really difficult to find a foundation which has a lighter weight consistency, looks like skin and still has good coverage. So all the yesses to this little beauty and there's no doubt I will continue using this in 2017.


Other love has to go to these though: Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette.

I don't know about you, but I'm super excited for new beauty releases in 2017 - oh and mini & creme eggs.  


Til next time x 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig