Beauty, Life & Style

Saturday 28 January 2017

Six things I would tell my younger self


Undoubtably as new experiences and people come into your life you're bound to change and grow - it's only natural. I wouldn't change any series of events that have happened in my life because I'm a firm believer that things fall apart for a reason and lead you onto new pathways. Anyway, if I could tell myself just a few tips or lines of advice to my younger self, this is what they would be:

No.1 People you think matter won't be in your life in a few years

All those people in school are people you will most probably never see again in a couple of years/when you've left and moved onto bigger and better things. Obviously it's a lot easier to say that now but in the moment they were intimidating and their opinions and perceptions mattered to you. Oh the power of in hindsight. This goes for some of your friends as well. There are only about 3-4 people I was friends with in school and still remain friends with now. Granted I don't see them all the time but when I do see them it's like no time has passed at all.

No.2 Boyfriends are not the be-all and end-all

Oh my goodness. I just wish I had the knowledge I did now. These 4 month relationships are honestly not even worth your time. In the moment you don't know they're going hold such a short chapter in your life but really it does just seem like a lot of wasted time and tears. 

No.3 Don't cut your hair or touch your eyebrows

To be honest I think this is probably the most important one. Why oh why did I cut my lovely long healthy locks. Honestly it was the most stupid decision I've ever made. I had beautifully long hair that sat just above my belly button and part the way through year 7 I decided I wanted it cut just below shoulder length - idiot. Secondly, never ever think about SHAPING your eyebrows. Yano if you have the odd hair which doesn't fit in then pluck that one out or if the hairs are long give them a little trim.. but do not by any means shape your own brows. You will fail. They will be horribly wonky. Just don't do it. See a professional who can neaten them up for you.

No.4 Never be ashamed of hard work

Looking back, especially compared to university work, GCSE's and A-Levels were somewhat easy. If I could have just told myself to work that little bit harder and improve my grades because the work wasn't actually that hard and I was just lazy. Luckily I had this realisation in year 12 doing A-Levels and got into a Russell Group University. Likewise, even if it's not school work, there's nothing wrong with working hard at the gym, or working hard on a talent or hobby.

No.5 Appreciate your loved ones

This one might be a little depressing but the reality is you never truly know how long you have left with someone. Whether it's a friend and they're going to move onto other things or a boyfriend or perhaps grandparents. Please please please don't take their presence for granted.

No.6 Do what makes you happy

I mean this really is pretty self explanatory. Always find the time to focus on what makes you happy. Whether it's finding more time to watch another series on Netflix (The Vampire Diaries is highly recommended if you haven't seen it already), or rekindling your love for playing an instrument - putting your time and energy into things you love is guaranteed to make you happier. 

Til next time x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig