Beauty, Life & Style

Thursday 16 March 2017

Current feels with Instagram



After starting my Instagram account in 2014 without a serious blog, my content and photography have improved by miles. It is so self rewarding as you can see a physical difference in how you've progressed. I'm pretty sure the majority of bloggers and creators have been feeling this, but the new Instagram algorithm has made engagement and likes drop so so badly. If you've been following my Instagram page for a while now I normally post every day with new photos, but recently I've been a bit quiet and here is why: 


I've just found that you put all this effort into creating content and then it doesn't reach as far as it used to. When you're a relatively small blogger you rely on this to spread your content and it's so disheartening to see your hard work not be viewed as many times as it used to even though I now have more followers. It seems crazy, right? The more followers you have the more likes you should have per post, yet this isn't the case and it's very demotivating. You might be asking about the hard work part here, but bloggers literally take hundreds of photos with different compositions and lighting just to choose 1-2 of them. It takes time out of your day and when you also have a part time job and degree work it makes you think, well what's the point? 

After kind of taking some time away from it (ish) to concentrate on several assignments, the point of it all is, I love beauty, I love creating posts, putting together pictures, writing about them etc etc. So I've taken some time to really plan out my posts and pictures to come back stronger than ever and hopefully reach more people. I feel like a lot of people are feeling like this at the moment, so if you're reading this, keep going, I believe in you xo 

Til next time xx 


Share:

1 comment

  1. I know exactly how you feel, I've literally been at the same number for the past 6 months, despite getting new followers everyday, none of it makes sense and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I spend more time reporting spam accounts than I do liking pictures :(
    www.claireellis.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig