Beauty, Life & Style

Wednesday 19 April 2017

Currently Loving | The Book Edition

I bet you can't believe it, a post that isn't makeup! Just thought I'd mix things up you know, do something a bit different. But you know what, fantasy books are some of the most beautiful books you can ever read and no dissing please, it's not childlike to enjoy a book that allows your imagination to run wild. Whilst my mother was prompting me to read more 'sophisticated' novels I just can't help that this genre just speaks to me on a spiritual level. It kind of reminds me of my recurring love for nude lipsticks - I always fall for your type. The best part about reading a book, the battery life is limitless and requires no charging, amazing!
So anyway, here are my current favs that I've recently read or in the process of reading so I'm sharing for my fellow fantasy book lovers who might be after a new read or what not. 

I'm currently in the middle of Rapture by Lauren Kate, the fourth and final book of the book series Fallen (which has recently come out as a film if you fancied a watch) and for those who don't know, it's about fallen angels and a love story surrounding reincarnations and a curse oooh, very exciting stuff. Honestly though I've really loved this series and would recommend to anyone who loves a bit of fantasy/romance. 

Brisngr by Christopher Paolini, book three of the Heritage series or Inheritance Cycle - i'm not sure what the difference is but - I think these books are phenomenal. The amount of detail within this book series is incredible. I'm sure some of you might have heard of Eragon (the first book of the series) which came out as a film and no sequels followed - much to my disappointment. Then one day I remembered that my brother bought the books and so I sought them out and started reading and was just blown away. Can't wait to get my hands on the final book but I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna be sad once I've read it. There's just something so sad about finishing a series of books, it's a little like finishing a TV series as it leaves a void in your heart.


Switched by Amanda Hocking. One of my old favs that I read years and years ago. Little did I know that there are not 1 but 2 more books to follow it. So obviously, my memory needs a refresh and then the sequels shall be purchased and read. The story is set around a girl who, when she was 6 years old, her mother tried to murder her as she thought she was a monster or something. Cray cray, but very interesting right? Makes you wanna read it eh eh.

And you know, those marks on the spine where you've opened the book, that's the sign of a good book huns. So there you have it, I hope some of these suggestions are helpful to any fantasy loving bookworms out there. If you do pick any of these up or have some fabulous books you'd recommend, do not hesitate to let me know as I LOVE a good book.

Til next time xx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amelia Lottie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig